Friday, November 14, 2008

ordered my birthday present today ...


There were some news articles saying that there were a lot of folks out there buying guns, as they figure Obama will try and tax guns and ammo into oblivion when he gets in office.

So I went in to shop for my 40th birthday present a few weeks early. :) I'm glad I did, because they were sold out. It's on order. Hopefully it will be here in time for my birthday.

I'm still a bit puzzled at my interest in shooting. But I rented this same gun today and tried it out in the gun store's shooting range, and I still found myself really enjoying trying to perfect my aim.

3 comments:

Clifford Jeffery said...

I like the revolver idea. I shot an auto a couple weeks ago, and it seems kind of complicated. What caliber did you choose? The bigger ones are fun (with the noise and such) but 22s are so much cheaper.

Trinka said...

I thought the semi-autos was complicated too, and they seemed to jam easily.

It's a new one called a .327, but it also shoots some .32 bullets. It had more kick than the 22 I learned with, but not so much as the 38 that made my hand go numb!

If you click on the link in the post, you can go to Ruger's page and read about it.

Brian Sayers said...

You need to come here some time to really enjoy handgun ownership. We're the only state in the union where you can carry it concealed without a permit (Vermont, that is). And, if you think those colors on your "camera walk" were nice, you should try Vermont around the 10th of October. WoW!