Friday, October 24, 2008

kids yogurt?

On meandering through the grocery store while a friend shopped last night, I noticed an entire section devoted to "kids yogurt."

I'm wondering ... what, exactly, makes it different from "adult yogurt"?

It's non-alcoholic? Does't require a driver's license to operate?

I've long hated the commercials for "Juicy Juice" ... not only is the name itself annoying to me (Juicy Juice, as opposed to "dry" juice? Or "sandy" juice?), and apparently, from the ads, it's marketed exclusively to parents in order to be served to children.

Then, today, I noticed a special line of "children's skin and hair care products."

Why? hair is hair. skin is skin.

These special "kids" products strike me as one of those areas where rich (compared to the rest of the world) Americans are being trained to have needs where none exist.

13 comments:

Clifford Jeffery said...

Maybe I can help a tad.... kids skin stuff usually just means it does not burn your eyes and make you cry, so I LOVE it! =) Not at all sure about yogurt. Juicy Juice (weird name) BUT 100% juice no added sugar so that is a good thing.

Clifford Jeffery said...

Settle down and have some sunny delight and a fruit rollup (no real fruit was harmed in the making of fruit rollups or sunny delight).

Trinka said...

Hmmm ... now HOW can I tell which of those comments was from Kristen and which was from Cliff? :)

OK ... I can see the "no crying" as a benefit.

Sunny Delight and fruit roll-ups not only don't qualify as fruit, they barely qualify as FOOD. :)

Clifford Jeffery said...

We understand that sarcasm can be difficult to recognize when it is written.... Like your comment. Guess who?

Newgent_for_life said...

These manufacturers have to sell goods but it is a pity the way they play on women and children's minds to do so.

Trinka said...

Welcome NewGent_for_Life!

In answer to Kristen & Cliff's last comment ... hmmm ... I think that comment came from the half of the couple who used to be incapable of staying ON HIS HALF OF THE BACK SEAT. :)

Clifford Jeffery said...

This is Cliff. I agree with Newgent. What's worse than the food ads are the commercials for hand sanitizer. "The chance your child will contract leprosy is SO low if you use my brand of antibacterial handgel. Sure, it costs a little more, but isn't your child worth it?"

Clifford Jeffery said...

I'm all about the home security ads. Every time I see one I wonder why Cliff does not love us enough to protect us from all the horrid people camping on the front lawn of our house!

Trinka said...

Ah yes ... how DID we grow up alive without hand sanitizer?

And I agree about those home security ones. Who KNEW the world was such a dangerous place? Maybe I'd better go and buy that handgun now instead of waiting for my birthday. :)

Clifford Jeffery said...

This is amazing! 10 c0mments on YOGURT and stuff! That is pretty cool! I am always amazed when I post something that I think is pretty minor but get comments. I have never come close to 10 though!

Trinka said...

It is a little shocking, isn't it? Maybe I should quit my job, and just try to make a living writing blogs about yogurt? :)

Anonymous said...

Reading you and your brother going back and forth just makes me feel like such a kid again.

Ria

Trinka said...

Humph ... at least YOU could keep on your own side of the car!