Thursday, May 29, 2008

ahhh ... vacation

I had a good flight down to Dallas yesterday. Why are airports so kind to me when they're so nasty to others? :) I arrived 10 minutes early, and enjoyed basking in the sun until D. arrived to pick me up.

It has been a blessing to have a good, long visit with her already. She's been to a program called Pathways that has been a blessing to her, and I've appreciated hearing how God has used it.

Some neat plans on the horizon for this ten days ...
  • A ladies' retreat where D. will be speaking
  • Bungee jumping (hush mom ... just pretend you didn't read that line) :)
  • Visiting the Bible study that D. does in an indigent HIV ward on Sunday afternoons
  • Some Goodwill shopping ... I just love scrounging for bargains.
  • Maybe a floating-down-the-river-on-an-inner-tube afternoon
  • (If I decide I can stay awake long enough), going to observe the work being done with the Dallas Prostitute Initiative. This is a wonderful program where they reach out to these ladies, and instead of just arresting them, help them get drug treatment, and job and housing help. Though it runs from 11:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. ... so I want to be sure I can stay conscious, if I DO go. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bungee Jumping!!
Man, am i jealous.
I would think you would want to take me along with you.

Trinka said...

come on down. :)