Friday, February 15, 2008

thoughts on dead computers

I just got an email from Carbonite today, warning me that my home computer hadn't connected to the internet for a backup in a week.

That would be the computer that's dead, and currently en route to somewhere for repair.

That online backup is SUCH a comfort. It's a hassle to be without a computer for two weeks, but I can't imagine what I would have done if I'd lost all the banking & tax information that's stored on that thing.

I just subscribed in December, and needless to say, I'm very glad I did. Consider this a product recommendation. (If you decide to give it a try, say that I recommended you, and I think we both get free months.)

And ... even if you aren't interested ... remember to back up this week. You've got a LOT of stuff on that critter that you wouldn't want to lose.

The Mac at work and I continue to try & hammer out a working relationship. Programs seem to hang up a lot on it, which isn't winning my affection, but I'm hoping it's a matter of getting things working smoothly with the server, and improvement will be following.

No comments: