Thursday, October 11, 2007

what a blessing this weekend was


I took a long weekend, and went to Kirksville, Missouri to meet some friends there from Lake Road Chapel. It was such a treat to enjoy their fellowship for a few days. And one lady who attends there spent her whole Saturday helping me, and my friend T., get our Access databases smoothed out and working well.

What a refreshment to come home, not only having enjoyed some great fellowship, but also having made such huge strides with the database. There's nothing like the help of someone who really knows what she's doing!

On the way down, we stopped in Hannibal, and enjoyed seeing the Mark Twain museum, and a beautiful over-look called "Lover's Leap" which looked down across the Mississippi river and Hannibal.

We discovered later that there's a little shop in Hannibal where they make dulcimers by hand -- so we'll have to go back again and try to find that. But I sure enjoyed what we did see there.

I picked up a shirt with a Twain quote I'd somehow missed all this time, but which I really liked: Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.

No comments: