Thursday, October 04, 2007

maybe a second chance


As I contemplated the upcoming need to bring my house-plants inside, I singled out several for possible euthanasia-by-frost.

However, as I examined #1 candidate for an untimely death, I noticed that the scraggly-looking thing is producing FLOWERS. Strangely-flat flowers, but flowers.

Maybe it deserves another winter in the house. :)

I like plants, but I hate clutter - and the two preferences conflict greatly sometimes. I have absolutely no trouble getting rid of un-needed things, but I find it more difficult when "getting rid of" involves killing something alive ... even a plant!

1 comment:

Clifford Jeffery said...

I have never once thought of a plant as clutter unless it is fake. I abhor fake flowers!!!! Good luck! SAVE YOUR PLANTS!! I don't have to wait for frost. I just naturally kill all mine with my "good intentions". =)