Friday, October 05, 2007

nothing can sweeten a sour disposition

I made banana-oatmeal-chocolate-chip cookies last night, so I could bring them along on my long weekend visit to some friends in Missouri.

These are my MOST favorite cookies, and I made a double batch, because I wanted to be able to give them to the people we're staying with, take them to the meal at church on Sunday plus have a few to nibble on in the car.

I finished up the last batch, washed the dishes, and put a couple of hot cookies on a plate. I poured myself a big glass of milk, sat down ...

Took a big bite of hot cookie

Took a big sip of cold milk

Except, the milk was about as sour as anything I have ever tasted. I think I can STILL taste it. UGH!

No matter how much sweetness you try and cover it with, there is NOTHING that can overcome rotten and sour.

Here's to aging well!

(P.S. the milk's expiration date was Oct. 6 ... so even we, who may not have reached our elder years, have to be careful of going sour too!)

2 comments:

Clifford Jeffery said...

Welcome to the family. Before you know it, you'll begin to notice your guests sniffing the milk before they pour it. At least you can still taste stuff.

Clifford Jeffery said...

That was Cliff's comment, not mine!!!