Tuesday, June 12, 2007

an encounter with The Plant


Where have I been lately? Hmmm ... lots of places I suppose!

One of said places ... apparently ... contained some poison ivy. Yes, yes, I know what it looks like. I was just working with a friend (who ... apparently ... is not allergic to the stuff), in a place she'd worked many times before. Her history bore no trace of meetings with The Plant, and this lulled me into complacency, so I failed to exercise due caution!

All in all, I'm not in THAT bad of shape, just having the rash on my arms. But it was bad enough to make me very thankful it wasn't worse. In the course of things, I discovered a marvelous situation. If you use a blow dryer on poison ivy, it takes the itch away, for a VERY long time -- more than an entire day in some cases. This was a delightful revelation! I never use my blow dryer on my hair, but I'm becoming VERY thankful that I have one.

I've been memorizing Psalm 16, and it's been a blessing. I don't know why I don't work on memorization more often -- I really enjoy it. Good habits need to be built!

No comments: