Friday, June 15, 2007

what are your "morning coffee" web sites

Every morning, as soon as I turn on the computer, I have a little list of things I always look at:

The Drudge Report for my daily dose of news-that-the-networks-ignore

The Daily Puppy for pictures of the sweetest puppies you've ever seen. And I love the "comments" section -- it's the only web site I've ever visited where all the comments emphasize the positive, are kind, and pleasant. Even if I didn't like dogs, I'd go to the site, just for the taste of kindness!

Three comic strips:
Dilbert
For Better or for Worse
Luanne

Woot ... just in case they're selling something I NEED ("need" being a poor word choice there!)

Several blogs of friends, or friends of friends

And Meet Christians ... just to see if there are any interesting discussions on the forums that I want to go back to later that day.

Nation States, to check on the progress of my little country (Euphoniousness, if you want to look me up!). It's a fun little game where you have your own little nation-state to rule, and every day you have new legislation to view - your responses to it change the description of your country, as well as its population and tax rate, the next day.

How about you? What web sites are your "morning coffee"?

No comments: