Friday, January 26, 2007

Time to admit I'm not getting to the gym


I like lifting weights. I really do. I like the solitary, non-competitive aspect of it. Plus it's WAY cool to notice that I'm stronger than I've ever been before.

BUT ... what I don't like is having to drive over to the gym in the evenings after work. I don't like the noise. I don't like the busy-ness. I don't like waiting for machines others are using, and I don't like feeling nervous when others are waiting for the one I'm using.

So, I ordered myself this weight machine today. I'm a little dubious that it will do all the things the ones at the college did. BUT ... if it's located in my spare bedroom, it will be MOST convenient. Plus it's small-ish in size compared to a lot of them.

I was quite smitten with the bowflex machines, but the price did not intrigue me at all. I found this machine on the Overstock website, and it's within my "amount of the tax refund you're allowed to spend" budget.

It does weigh 125 pounds ... so it should be interesting to try & haul it up to my condo. But I suppose if I'm going to lift weights at home, I might as well get started as soon as they arrive.

Hmmm ... better get those taxes mailed out this weekend. They've been done for a couple weeks, but TaxCut hasn't had the final updates available to download yet. I guess it's time to check on that one again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does the guy come with it? Maybe he could help you get it into the condo.

Trinka said...

Hmmm ... interesting idea. It would totally change my entire shopping-process. :)