Tuesday, January 16, 2007

staying home waiting for the Publishers' Clearing House van

First, a confession:
Every morning, when I sign on, I go to the Publishers' Clearing House, and enter the sweepstakes.

I then have a brief interlude where I daydream about living in a paid-for house.

Then I get to work, so I can actually stand a chance of earning some money that would contribute to a paid-for house. :)

OK ... with that as a foundation, today as I was making my coffee, and having my standard, irrational, pre-caffeinated-brain thoughts, it occured to me: "what happens if the Publishers' Clearing House van comes, and I'm not home? Would they come back?

This befuddled idea was immediately followed by a vision of myself sitting home every non-work hour in a bathrobe, staring out the window, waiting for the prize van to arrive. Yikes! This proves I've gotta be careful not to make any major life decisions pre-coffee!

***Warning -- paragraph that follows will be deadly dull to anyone who's not related to me!***
Maria ... nice to see you! If you get a second, drop me an e-mail so I have your address. My email address is just my first and last name and I use gmail. :) I'm also told your mom is using email, so I'd love to have her address too!
***OK ... end of personal paragraph****

Exercise ... still happening, though I haven't been to the gym to lift weights in ages. I need to get back in that habit. I just flat-out hate going out after work. There's something so calming about pulling my car into the carport, and knowing I don't have to leave again for 14 hours! (See ... maybe sitting home watching for money to arrive wouldn't be so bad after all). :)

Reading/Studying ... yikes. Nope. Not happening. I've actually been watching television and playing a hand-held tetris game in the evenings.

This. Situation. Is. Pathetic. I realize that. I can feel my brain turning to mush.

2 comments:

Clifford Jeffery said...

You want a mushy brain?
Try watching Caiou, Tella Tubbies, Barney and The Wiggles for a couple years.
I'm ready for a straight jacket.

Anonymous said...

Mushy brains all around.
Reading crayon sketches presented as design drawings to which we are to manufacturer product. Then explain to a Mandarin speaking group of engineers how they should interpret them.
And, you are now published on the Mainland!
Maria's Mom is doing great with her new e-mail experience.