Saturday, July 01, 2006

Not killed them yet ...



I went to a baby shower a couple weeks ago, and they (mercifully) didn't have any silly games ... but rather had each lady tell a story about childbirth or adoption when her gift was opened.

When my turn came, the hostess got this awkward look on her face. Relax Patti ... all is well! :) I told my proud adoption story ... that I had adopted an African violet when I moved into my apartment in G.R. in 1997 (I think? the day that Princess Di was killed was the day I moved in ... I'd Google it and find out if I weren't so lazy). And the amazing thing was ... I had yet to kill it! (now my other plants, of course, are not so fortunate.)

All that is to say ... the flowers on the porch are looking quite lovely, but have reached the point in the summer where the lack of drainage in the window boxes, and my own plant cluelessness, will begin to do them in. So I wanted to post a couple pictures before the great decline begins. :)

Got in a walk last night, and then went to Zeeland for a picnic with L.V.A. We had a nice time reading John together and watching the fish in the pond snap up bread crumbs from our sandwiches.

Today ... it's time to tackle the mess in the condo again. Going away last weekend means that there is much to be accomplished this weekend!

I'm hoping to get done in time to go in and have a late lunch with T., and get some help rigging up a brace so I can put my a/c in the window. My old one had the thermostat die several summers ago. A friend bypassed the thermostat for me, so I've been using it, but I had to plug & unplug it all night, so it wouldn't freeze up from running too long.

I bought this new-to-me one at a garage sale, and it's REALLY heavy. I think if I were to put it in the window without a brace under it, it just MIGHT cause the whole building to fall over. :)

No comments: