Tuesday, July 04, 2006

thinking about God's provision


Happy 4th everyone!

In thinking about the blessings of living in this country, as well as considering Ruth chapter 2, I can't help but dwell on the provisions of God.

He has given so many opportunities, and I so often take them for granted.

Just as Ruth had no claim on the harvest from Boaz's field (in Ruth 2) ... yet he provided for her nonetheless ... so I have no claim on God's favor. Yet He is so good to me nonethless!

I was looking through some pictures this morning, and making CDs of the ones I thought others might want. In the process, I ran across the one I have posted here.

It's a picture of God's provision for one year of my life. A family from church had just bought this house, and his company promptly sent them to Japan for a year. This was at the same time I was looking for a condo to buy near the church. (I work there as secretary.)

It worked out so well for both of us ... they had someone to look after their house, and I had a place to stay for a year (3 miles from work!).

And such a place! It was brand new, and the rest of the subdivision had yet to spring up, so I had very few neighbors, and lovely views from the back windows.

I think I'll hang on to this picture. It's a good reminder that God can provide in any number of ways. :)

Got to the gym last night - I have one more week, and I'll be paying for my third year membership. What a funny thought.

Trinka

1 comment:

Carol L said...

Right on! :)