Wednesday, June 28, 2006

there are times for moderation ...

and there are times for NOT being moderate.

I'm so weary of hearing that Israel should be patient, not respond, etc. ... And this morning I read criticisms that they might be harming civilians, as they try to get their captured soldier home.

Hmmm ... I suppose all those suicide bombers are NOT harming civilians? Why is there never any public outcry against the jihidists? They deliberately harm Israeli citizens ALL THE TIME, and there's not the slightest response from the U.N., the press ... anyone. But, by golly, if Israel tries to protect herself ... forget it ... they're the agressors. It drives me nuts!

Thank you for listening.

Got to the gym last night - first time in a week, as I was pushing to get things done to go out of town last weekend.

Last Friday-Monday, I had a great visit with some friends from Lake Road Chapel in Missouri. One lady there is an Access whiz, and she spent Saturday afternoon and some of Sunday helping my friend T. (with whom I traveled there) and I getting our databases running smoother, and cleaner. It's such a treat to be able to enjoy fellowship over something like that, and her help is a tremendous blessing to both T. and I at our jobs. I can do rudimentary Access stuff ... but when it comes to the macro/module/code type things (or even writing complicated formulas ... which was what needed to happen this past weekend) ... it's VERY nice to have someone looking over my shoulder!

This morning I was reading in John, and thinking about the Lord driving the money-changers out of the temple. This passage is often used to point out that we shouldn't be selling stuff in churches (which is definately a valid argument). But I was wondering this morning if it doesn't go a little deeper than that.

Later in Scripture, we're told that our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit. I think it's more than the church building, and worship services, that need to be cleansed of materialism! I think it's ME. It's so easy to start thinking "stuff" is important. But it's all so temporary.

T., with whom I traveled this past weekend, deals with death a lot because of the ministry in which she's involved. So naturally we end up talking about it as we travel. Life is SO short. It really is. I want to be a good steward of my stuff here on earth, but I want my investments to be in something that will carry on after I die.

Only two things that are here on earth will last forever ... people, and the Scriptures. So ... then ... Trinka ... who can you bless today?

How about you, gentle-reader?

No comments: