Saturday, June 10, 2006

Yes, I do still have a blog ...


But the sun is shining, and it's light later, and it's just so GOOD to be outside. Carol asked this week, "are you having trouble getting on to blogger?). Uh ... no ... unless by "trouble" you mean ... "too distracted to get it done". :)

The flowers are growing , and I've even got some volunteer moss-roses starting to peek out from last year's seeds.

I've been exercising, and studying ... even got the bike tires pumped up, and am riding to church whenever my schedule & attire will permit. Last night, after weariness from being nagged, I picked up a bike helmet. I feel REALLY dorky wearing it ... I haven't fallen off my bike since I was 12 ... however, I can live with feeling dorky if people will stop hounding me. :)

I had such a delightful little blessing yesterday. I wear a small diamond on a chain that my mom bought me when I was 16. She had always promised us kids that she would buy us a class ring when we got to our senior year. Money was really tight growing up, but she really wanted us to have those rings. However, when I got to that age, the rings didn't really look pretty to me, and I asked if we could use the money for this little pendant instead. She was agreeable, and I've worn it ever since - and it's been a nice memory of high school, and of her kindness in saving up so I could have that treat.

Well ... I have long hair, and that's always been a problem with the chains I've used for the diamond. It tends to wrap around the chain, and eventually, after I've pulled it free enough times, the chain will break.

Yesterday, I got home from running errands with T., and looked in the mirror ... and ... no diamond.

I was just sick! I've always felt it break before, and been able to salvage the situation. She and I had been ALL OVER Grand Rapids, so I thought there was no hope.

I walked back into the bedroom where I'd just changed, and there was the diamond, sparkling in the middle of the floor! Then this morning, I found the chain, just inside the front door.

God has such a sense of humor ... it's not like He would have HAD to save it for me ... it's just a "thing" and not really all that important in the grand scheme of things. It could have just as easily dropped off in Office Depot! I am spoiled sometimes. I definately am.

I've been working on editing a sermon on the biblical view of war and the role of government. (an old college friend is now the pastor of Christ Community Church in New Hampshire, and he publishes some sermons in booklet form. He asked if I'd edit this one for him. It's been very interesting. Most of it is concepts I've considered before, but I'm appreciating the way he's stringing them together. If you're interested in reading it, let me know, and I'll e-mail a copy when I get it done.

Today is a birthday party for my mom & niece (their birthdays are both Monday). Mom does't know that she's getting a party out of the deal, so she'll be surprised. She's turning 60 this year. I've got the snazziest picture of her to post on Monday for her birthday.

It's been a productive morning so far - I "slept in" until 6:00, and have gotten the laundry done, the house picked up, and kitchen cleaned. Now I'm off to get the bathroom cleaned so I can get to the gym when it opens at 10:00!

No comments: