Saturday, January 07, 2006

this is why I'll never invent the light bulb ...

A very nice fellow came and installed my cable internet Friday. There was a nasty nest of somethin' in the cable box, so it was a most unpleasant job.

He even gave some advice on getting the wireless router to work.

And ... later that night, I had it running and all was well!

and then ... there was today

Several people warned me that there MUST be a password on the wireless. There simply MUST be.

However, none of them seemed able to help me make it happen.

I experimented, and tweaked, and basically wasted the day, and for a time had my internet completelly shut off. Now it works, but sporadically.

I can no longer plug into the cable modem, and the wireless is sporadic. There's still no password, but I can plug into the back of the router and get a signal. I have had a LONG day.

I downloaded the router manual, but I decided to postpone reading it until a later date.

Victory - while I considered eating ice cream when I was stressed, I went for a walk instead. Also got to the gym. I find it very ironic, though, that when I went to work on my Bible study, the subject was "patience." OK. Got it God. Thanks for the reminder. :)

A lady called and asked me if I would consider being the vice-chair of our Christian Women's Ministries committee. It would mean doing a little devotional every other month, and running the meetings when the chairman is away. After today's events, I'm not feeling like much of a leader in anything, but I told her I'd pray about it and give her an answer Friday.

A friend came to watch March of the Penguins with me. (SUCH a good movie) and after telling her about the day, she said it was like Thomas Edison - he had a LOT of days like this before we got the light bulb. I'm just not inventor material, I think. I've GOT to have success, or I just don't press on well.

OK ... back to the battle ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just hoping I can learn how to comment.