Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Quirky Quickbooks

I've been using Quickbooks at work for ages. And I love the fact it calculates the payroll taxes for me, prints w-2s. It really does everything I need it to do.

Except ...

The installation process for it is, without fail, a huge hassle.

I don't think I've ever bought a version, or an upgrade, that installed smoothly.

And yesterday's jump from 2005 to 2008 has proved true to form!

I started trying to upgrade at 9:30 yesterday morning, and I STILL can't open the files from the 2005 version.

I'm downloading updates right now, in hopes that will solve the problem.

Hopeful?

Um ... no. Not really.

I'm envisioning that I'm just beginning what will be an on-the-phone-with-tech-support day.

Tuesdays, of course, are the days I normally pay bills and do payroll. I thought by starting to install it yesterday morning I was giving myself plenty of time.

Um ... no. Not really.

No comments: