Wednesday, December 12, 2007

change


Yesterday, our morning ladies' Bible study was canceled due to the ice on the roads. One woman hadn't gotten the message, and showed up with her baby and little girl, Olivia.

Poor Olivia. When she heard she wasn't going down to the nursery, it just broke her little heart, and she sobbed and sobbed.

Now, the nursery wouldn't have been ANY fun yesterday. All the kids she liked to play with had stayed home. But she had been PLANNING on being there with them, and she was crushed at the change of schedule.

I know just how she feels!

It takes me an inordinate amount of time to adjust to change. I can't even write it off to the fact I'm getting OLD (my last year in my 30's is just about to begin). I've ALWAYS been this way. I have these friends who are spontaneous and flexible, and while they're good for me, I have to force my brain to join that particular party!

So this accelerated car-change process is still boggling my brain. Normally I spend months deciding to get rid of a car and researching its replacement. I'm astounded that I just went out Monday and signed papers on a new (used) car with only a weekend's consideration.

Drove to the body shop Monday, also, and cleaned my stuff out of Lil #5. I hope to pick up Lil #6 today after work, and if so, I'll post a picture.

3 comments:

Clifford Jeffery said...

Hey! You got a blog award from my cousin! Go look at her comments!

Anonymous said...

Hi Trinka, I am sorry about your car. What kind did you choose? Trinka cat wants to know what color. I had to do that when my car was totaled. I love my Mazda 3. I call her Ms. Zoom Zoom. Tucson is putting in security lights at all corners and I could get a ticket in the mail so ms. Zoom Zoom has had to be good & slow down and human me has to not count 3 seconds to get thru a red light.
House is all decorated. LOVE MY ceramic cat tree. We are the cat's meow! Hope you had a nice birthday yesterday. Wish I was 39! That was 1981!!!! WOW! Time flies. Back to work Trinka cat is thumping her tail. Purrs, Rose & Felines

Clifford Jeffery said...

OK Trinka! You need a new blog entry! You are getting as bad as Kendra!!! =)