Monday, August 06, 2007

patting self on the back for SOMETHING



The exercise and eating-right thing is NOT going well this summer. It's just not.

But I CAN say that I've quit drinking diet soda. I know the stuff is just a conglomeration of chemicals, and serves no purpose. But I love sweet stuff, and it's one of the diet-friendly sweet things out there.

So ... I've been a month without it so far, and I consider this at least ONE good-health thing I've accomplished this summer, along with the fact I can now swim for a half hour without stopping. I don't swim FAST, but at least it's moving. :)

I'm also reading Watchman Nee's Sit Walk Stand, and really enjoying it. I've been listening to Harry Potter in the car, and it is a good story. I find myself lingering in parking lots trying to get to the end of a chapter.

Gave up on the running program temporarily - I want to take off 20 pounds before I re-start it so my knees will protest a bit less.

There ... a conglomeration of updates ... none particularly interesting. :)

No comments: