Tuesday, August 28, 2007

an early morning



God woke me up about 4:00 this morning for some time together. It's been a long time since that happened, and it was such a blessing.

I was reading in Matthew 17 & 18, and was impressed at the lengths God goes to, and wants US to go to, in restoring those who have sinned (and ME, when I sin). He hates the muck that clings to our feet, and rather than rejecting us for it, He seeks to win us away from it. And He wants US to seek to win one another away from it.

A friend is going through a hard time right now. She & her husband disagreed on whether he could have a girlfriend, and he's divorcing her. It's easy for me to be furious with him ... but God wants me to seek his restoration. I think I'm being led to write him a note ... though I'm really not liking the idea. I'll need to pray for a softer heart in this one!

Another unexpected treat I discovered in getting up so early this morning was that I was ready for work, and able to sit down with a cup of coffee to watch the lunar eclipse at 5:30. My attempt at a picture is above. I was able to see the moon go into shadow, but the clouds covered it when it was coming out. It was a beautiful way to start the day.

No comments: