Friday, July 06, 2007

why do I keep trying Target?

Yesterday I went into Target on my lunch, looking for a bin to use for recycling paper.

I come to the same two conclusions every time I go into that store:

* It has essentially the same merchandise carried by Walmart, only with higher prices
* The merchandise that IS different from Walmart is trendy. (note - in Trinka's vocabulary, "trendy" is NOT a positive adjective.)

I go in there about once every three years, and always come out feeling as if it were a gigantic waste of time.

I just saw a link on another blog to the Couch Potato to 5-K running plan. I've never been too sure about running - it always gives me this terrible pain in my side that none of the home remedies I've been offered seem to help. (drink more water ... hold your abs in while you run ... etc.)

However, I'm intrigued by the slowness of the thing. I'm considering .... (ONLY considering!). :)

This afternoon I'm dog-sitting for our pastor and his wife, who are in Africa on a missions trip. That means I get to spend time with a happy black lab, while loafing next to a fenced-in, shrieking-children-free pool. Life is good. :)

No comments: