Friday, July 13, 2007

little darling just has a bubbly personality

I wasn't sure whose side to take in this little difference of opinion, until the mother said, "he just has a bubbly personality."

That's clueless-mom code for ... "I think my little darling's outbursts are just adorable, and so should you."

I'm sure, from what's written here, that the stewardess could have spoken with more tact.

But ... really ... all the mother would have had to do was ask her little darling to please be quiet for a while. Instead, she chose to throw a royal snit.

I remember sitting in a restaurant next to a table of women, one of whom had a toddler. The baby was being quite good, until the women started holding her up in the air, and bouncing her around, encouraging her to shriek, and laugh loudly. Clueless ... just ... clueless.

No comments: