Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Doing battle with the forces of bureaucracy ...

I just discovered that when my mortgage was reassigned, my property taxes stopped being paid from the escrow account.

So I'm going to have to call the mortgage company this morning and find out what's happening with that.

I hate this kind of thing with a passion ...

but more so now that I discovered that the mortgage company is in Southfield. (this is a pseudonym for "Detroit").

I'm not sure if it's reasonable to believe that a whole city can have a global I-don't-give-a-rip attitude ... but if it's possible, then Detroit has it.

Whenever I call a company there, I get people on the phone who sound half-asleep, and seem to be only weakly interested in whether they're actually solving your problem or making it worse.

So, if you find out the Township is auctioning off my condo next year - don't be surprised.

Groan - I'm SO not looking forward to this phone call.

(oddly enough, blogger isn't allowing me to title this post ... I believe they may have just moved their offices to Detroit)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah well. Detroit is what, 150 miles to your East?
Some of us must deal with people in Newark. Think about it. Newark is 700 miles to your East.