Friday, February 02, 2007

our esteemed governor ...

I disagree! I disagree! There. I feel better. Maybe SOMEONE will listen, even if she doesn't!

Kalamazoo has a wonderful program - a private, anonymous donor pays for college for all of their high-school graduates. (They may be required to maintain a certain GPA, but if so, it's not a very high requirement.)

Well ... Jennifer Granholm, our governor, thinks this is a wonderful thing. (Which it is!) And she wants to replicate it over the entire state. But ... of course ... she wants EVERYONE to pay for it.

grrrr! It makes me crazy! What happened in Kalamazoo is what SHOULD happen ... someone seeing a need and choosing to meet it. What J.G. is trying to do is what should NOT happen ... confiscating from me, in order to meet what she sees as a need.

It drives me batty!

They had a recent proposal to buy laptops for every 6th grader in the state, also. She justified this because it was "federal money" ... um ... excuse me ... and where did THAT money come from? Oh, yes, that's right ... US again.

Thank you for listening. I feel better (sort of) now.

No comments: