Wednesday, February 28, 2007

global warming and a little education


Al Gore is way off base. I'm sorry ... but he is. There have been shifts in global temperatures ever since we've been tracking this information. (And many of the warming trends happened pre-industrial-revolution).

Remember in the 70's when they were all in a panic about the next ice age that was coming? It was all very similar rhetoric ... and you may notice that spring and summer still arrive every year.

For a nice balance to An Inconvenient Truth, have a look at this site. It's amazing how, once the media is convinced of the veracity of an idea (Iraq is a mistake ... global warming is an imminent threat ... blah blah blah), it immediately becomes commonly accepted. By the way, the graphic is my own "cabon footprint" ... so ... even without believing in human-being-caused-global-warming ... I'm still livin' MUCH cleaner than Mr. Gore. (It's called "frugality"!)

Our senior pastor was a professor at Calvary Bible College before he came here. There is a lady here who just needs one class, that he used to teach, in order to finish her degree.

She's going to take it independent study, and they're letting me join in. I won't get any credits for it (as I'm too cheap to pay for them!) But they don't mind if I study alongside, write the papers, take the test, etc. I just love taking classes ... I really do. :) I could easily be a professional student, if only I could figure out that how-to-get-paid-for-it part!

No comments: