Monday, February 05, 2007

17 inches at 8 below

We've had 17 inches of snow since Friday, and it's been nose-freezing cold. The cold and snow is supposed to continue through this whole week.

So they haven't been able to get the ice off the roads, or keep up with the plowing.

Some nasty driving out there today! I had the obligatory 4-wheel drive coasting off my back bumper on the way to work this morning. They should put a warning sticker on the dashboards of those things ... "just because you can stop, does not mean everyone else can." I ended up pulling over, and letting her pass, so she could intimidate the driver in front of me.

Church was cancelled yesterday (as the police were pleading with people to stay off the roads). This basically means all my work last Thursday was for naught ... but it's made up by the fact that all the work I normally do on a Monday doesn't need to be done this week. I'm sorting through and de-cluttering cupboards. One of my favorite passtimes! (and what I did nearly all weekend at home.)

Got home at 3:00 Friday afternoon, and didn't budge from my house until 6:30 this morning. It was delightful - like a 2-week vacation all squeezed into 2 days. I think I might become a professional hermit after I retire.

I was reading in John 7 this morning, and thinking about how the people's responses to Jesus were so contradictory. He mentioned that the religious leaders were plotting to kill Him. In one place the people said He was crazy ... nobody was planning to kill him. In another place they said, "hey, is this the guy they're trying to kill?" In one place they said, "He can't be the Messiah ... because nobody knows where the Messiah will come from." In another place, they said, "this can't be the Messiah, because we all know the Messiah will come from Bethlehem, and this guy's from Galilee." (Which proves that not only were they contradicting themselves, they also didn't do their research! While Jesus was living in Galilee, He was born in Bethlehem.)

Got myself on the treadmill this morning (since I woke up at 4:00 when the plow truck came through). I've been enjoying my weight set this weekend, and am having an elliptical machine delivered tomorrow (if they can get through the snow.) My guest room is finally getting some use other than the 4-5 nights/year I have company. :)

Well ... back to cupboard-cleaning!

No comments: