Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Psalm 139

I've been working on this Psalm for our ladies' study this Thursday. I especially appreciated this comment by Spurgeon - it's regarding verse 10 which says "Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me."

We could only fly from God by his own power. The Lord would be leading, covering, preserving, sustaining us even when we were fugitives from him. -CHS

It's so true ... even when people curse God, and turn their back on Him, they do it with the breath He gives, and the strength He allows them. He is good even to those who deny Him.

No exercise has happened since Friday. But tomorrow it begins again. I had company, and several other things going on all at the same time, and exercise disappeared. But I miss it ... which is in itself a victory!

Had some delightful guests here from Missouri. It was a blessing to have the time together.

1 comment:

Carol L said...

Geneva, who is 2nd in command under Pastor Mark, said the same thing in service last week - how that God gives men breath and with the very breath He gives will turn around and curse Him and/or deny Him. Yet God still loves them and causes the sun to shine and greet them in the morning and sends the rain to clean the air they breathe and grow the crops they eat. When I thought about that I just marvelled.

What a God!!!

She talked too about the worse thing about hell would be not having God's breath anymore. I'm with her. To me that would be more torment than the unquenchable flames.