Wednesday, November 23, 2005

the joys of delegating

Since we have this day tomorrow set aside to think about what we're thankful for, I am prompted to mention some folks who don't often get noticed.

I am so thankful for the volunteers who are willing to show up whenever I have a big project here at work. The last two weeks' productivity is almost exclusively due to these dear folks who shelved books, stuffed envelopes, collated paperwork, etc.

It's such an enormous benefit to the office, and to me personally. When people compliment my efficiency, really, it's these folks' efforts they're noticing.

While those on the outside of the situation probably never realize all that they do, I'm so thankful that God DOES realize it, and they'll hear "well done" from Him one day.

Just in the last two weeks, these folks have spent HOURS here, while I tapped away at the computer, working on the NEXT project ... which they then came and spent HOURS on, while I worked on the next project ... you get the idea!

And I am thankful!

Joyce W., Sue M., Lori S., Joyce B., Ray B., Sylvia E., Karen J. ... and others too!

No comments: