Thursday, November 03, 2005

Bill Clinton is Forrest Gump

Now, I saw this movie years ago, but don't really remember much about it ... other than that the main character seemed to find himself in the middle of every great historical event of his lifetime.

Yesterday at Rosa Parks funeral, Clinton, instead of just talking about her life and contribution, felt the need to mention that he and a friend took her actions as a permission to sit in the back of the bus ... fulfilling a life-long dream (or some-such).

Oh. Brother. Give. Me. A. Break.

He was 8 years old.

Why must everything out of that man's mouth be a lie? And why must the media insist on repeating those lies, trying to make him look like a paragon of virtue?

Just let him drift into history quietly. Please. He is a shame to our country, and if the democrats ever want to be taken seriously, they've got to divorce themselves from him! I would be willing to at least listen to their arguments, if their chief spokesperson weren't such a caricature.

Exercise ... I got to the gym Sunday, pilates Monday, dance dance revolution Tuesday (I do love that thing!) and a walk last night. Not as much as I'd LIKE to have done, but at least it was consistent.

I've been reading in 1 Peter 2 and 3, and just marveling at how different God's standard is from our own ... when people are unreasonable, or circumstances unpleasant, the Christian can take it as from HIS hand, and trust Him in it. He wants to create in us an un-natural reaction to bad circumstances ... one that will draw others to want what we've got.

Trinka

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, but to offset him, we have that paragon of virtue, Hillary.

Anonymous said...

Yes. Every once in a while, I get a glimpse of that, too. Usually while in reading the Bible, but not usually when I have the opportunity to love. : ( But then I remember, Jesus is the perfect one, not me. : )

Bill & Glory said...

Clinton...what a joker.

But, you know, when the Vietnam war was raging, I was THIS close to going.

Bill