Monday, September 01, 2008

I am the allergy princess ...

what IS that body part halfway between a person's ear canal and the back of her throat ...

... the one that, somehow, reacts to pollen in such a way that the itching causes said woman to want to scrub the inside of her face with a wire-brush?

UGH! And this is me ON allergy meds.

I can still remember the first few weeks of school, when my allergies are the worst, I used to be so allergy-plagued I could hardly stand it - swollen itchy eyes, itchy ears/throat, runny nose, sneezing. I was the most miserable looking and feeling critter out there.

I'd beg my mom for allergy medicine, and when she would get it for me, it would put me into this half-trance state ... barely able to stay awake.

It was either misery, or coma ... no other option for September and October!

I'm thankful the allergy meds have improved since that time, but for some reason, they still don't touch the itchy ear/throat thing!

Now where IS that sandpaper?

1 comment:

Clifford Jeffery said...

Loving the imagery!! Cliff and I shared a good chuckle!