Saturday, August 16, 2008

It is I for whom Scotch Guard was invented ...

Two or three weeks ago, I got some new furniture. I'd been shopping for several years, and never found that perfect combination of "I like this", "I can afford this" and "this is short enough I can touch the ground when I sit down".

I found a set on clearance that fit all three criteria, and at the same time had a pretty bench re-upholstered that I was given from my grandparents' house. (Pictures included for those who care!).




So ... how does this post relate to your subject line, you may ask? (or if you know me, you may not NEED to ask.)

When buying the furniture, I was faced with the question of whether to have the Scotch Guard applied before I brought it home.

I went back and forth in my mind about it, as I was already spending all I had budgeted. But I finally decided to do it.

So ... this morning ... I've already had opportunity to be thankful for that choice.

It's amazing how easily "clutzy" can creep in!

I had a cup of coffee sitting on the end table, and pulled the cord to open the mini-blinds, and ... "plop" ... the end of the blind cord lands in my coffee cup, splattering coffee everywhere.

I startle, pull the cord out and lay it on the table ... and "plop" ... the other cord falls out of my hand and does the same thing.

Everything cleaned up beautifully, and I've realized how thankful I am for modern chemistry. :)

No comments: