Thursday, August 28, 2008

another fun project from Grandma and Grandpa's house

I was also given this clock:


I know ... it's in pretty bad shape! But my friend T. has built clocks from kits, and was interested in trying to get it working for me. So she's been taking it apart and cleaning it.

I thought I'd post a few pictures, so you could enjoy the progress with me!

Here is what it looks like with the face removed ... also before any work was done on it (though we may have vacuumed out the mouse turds at this point. :)

This is the identifying label on the back.

And here is how it looks as of today. She's taken the works out, cleaned and oiled them, and started cleaning the case in preparation to re-glue it. We need to find a source to purchase the glass bezel for the face, and that appears to be the biggest obstacle at this point.

No comments: