Sunday, July 13, 2008

some childhood memories


This saddle was in my grandparents' barn, and I remember dusting it off when I was a kid, thinking it was so neat. My grandmother's brother Bert brought it back from World War II.

They've been dealing with the things in the house after my grandpa's death, and I was blessed to receive the saddle yesterday. I'm looking forward to cleaning it up, and getting the leather soft and oiled again. I thought I'd display it in my living room.

Gotta give my neighbors something to wonder about ... I'm sure they're discussing when I'm going to show up with the horse to go with it. :)

2 comments:

yomama said...

I came across your blog. Could not stop reading it. Thank you for sharing your great outlook on life. My sister would love your saddle story. She too, as a young child had a special saddle that she now has again to share with her grandchildren and share the fond memories of her childhood...and the many countless hours spent on our horse June.
Thank you for sharing your new born robins too...
Pam

Trinka said...

Thanks Pam!