Saturday, January 19, 2008

why I loathe home-improvement projects


Because they always. ALWAYS. turn out like this.

I read the instructions. I follow them. I end up with a result that could have been surpassed by my 3 and 4-year-old nieces, and they would have had a MUCH better time producing it!

"Trinka, you COULD hire someone," you say.

True. True.

But my "hire someone to do this" list is quite long already, that I feel guilty if I don't tackle some of the things that at least SEEM to be simple (when reading afore-mentioned directions!)

Grrrrr!

I could see there was mold growing behind my tub's caulking. So I knew something had to be done before I had house-plants growing inside the walls.

However, the result? I'm not at all happy with.

On the other hand, the rest of the day was quite pleasant! I never left the house, and got all kinds of cleaning/organizing/puttering done, as well as enjoyed some good books.

2 comments:

Clifford Jeffery said...

What is wrong? I am sure the nieces would have fun helping out anytime! =)

Trinka said...

Maybe the pictures doesn't show it that well, unless you've actually SEEN it. I've got bumps and smears and general non-neatness!

Oh well ... that's what shower curtains are for!