Wednesday, November 22, 2006

hmmm ... interesting idea

Where HAVE you been? Ummm ... not sure ... but certainly not HERE for a long time. :)

Just talked with a lady from church who works at the local library (which happens to be directly across the street from my house). They are hiring someone part time to shelve books, read shelves, etc.

I find living with no emergency fund nervous-making ... and I've never been able to re-build mine since buying my condo. After 3 years, it's time to admit that it's not going to happen unless I change something.

When I think about part-time jobs, I always think "waitress" or "store clerk" ... but as a basically non-social person, after 8 hours at work, I'm not sure my energy could hold up to something that chatty.

But ... shelving books in a quiet corner ... THAT I could do! Plus it would be on my feet, so a certain amount of exercise built in.

Quite excited at this prospect, actually! I asked her to pick me up an application.

Exercise is still happening - often twice a day, but at least once. Study ... um ... not. I'm working on some projects for Christmas presents, and they're effectively consuming my time.

Trinka

No comments: