Tuesday, March 29, 2011

so ... I'm told my blog is boring ...

One of my faithful readers (out of a grand total of five), and also a family member, has declared my blog "boring."

This is the problem with obsession. I'm fascinated by bookbinding right now. Whenever anyone asks me in real life, "so how are you doing?" the question is bound to be answered (snicker ... "bound" ... snicker) sorry ... is bound to be answered with some account of whatever tome is currently in pieces on my workbench.

You know how a friend, with whom you ordinarily enjoy spending time, becomes the world's most tedious person when in the throes of infatuation? Their whole world revolves around potential-boyfriend-to-be, and you've heard enough about him to be able to write his unauthorized biography? Yeah ... that's me and bookbinding right now. :)

So ... if you want a non-bookbinding topic, you'll have to suggest it yourself. Ask a question, and I'll answer it. Though it better be VERY far afield from books, or you KNOW where I'll take it.

So ... about that calf-skin bound copy of William Cowper I'm working on right now. I started sewing last night, and I can't WAIT to get home from work to spend more time with it! :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I enjoy reading it. I intend to take up a new hobby soon, too.

Deborah said...

Keep it up! It's exciting to see you in the throes of infatuation, which could possibly lead to love!

Rachel L said...

I'm just interested in the overview of your hobby, not so much the details, that involve actual thinking. Where is your work bench? Do you have a leather, or glue scent in your rooms?

Brian Sayers said...

Just be glad it was just a "boring" alert. We were all considering a cyber-intervention, but decided the less intrusive approach would be best for now, as long as you were willing to admit you had a problem.

Trinka said...

Rachel, my workbench is perpendicular to my sliding glass door. Nothing smells that I've noticed. :)

Deborah - at least this infatuation makes for more interesting conversation than the one that had me captive when we met! :)

Brian ... problem? I don't have a problem. I can quit any time. I've quit dozens of times. Plus, let's talk about how much time you spend watching professional sports. ;) (if all else fails, put the other person on the defensive, and hope they won't notice!)

Anonymous said...

Trinka,
Sorry, I did make the boring comment to your Mom.
I will look forward to the birds returning to your patio, and be quiet about things I find less exciting.

Trinka said...

Nothing to be sorry about! It gave me fuel to post about something different!!!!

Give me a hard time all you want ... I'm accustomed to it from others (as you may have noticed from the other comments) :)