Thursday, March 19, 2009

no one accuses the EPA of being anti-science

I am listening to the Mars Hill Audio Journal right now. It's an audio publication our pastor subscribes to that examines different aspects of culture, theology, etc.

It really is fascinating. The one that's playing now is about stem cell research, and the line in the subject really jumped out at me.

Those who are against embryonic stem cell research are portrayed as being anti-science. Which is, I suppose, true in a limited sense ... they believe that there are limits to where research should go. (i.e. - Joseph Mengele ... or however his name was spelled ... don't want to look it up, because I don't want to know any more about him than I already do!).

However, those who want to protect the environment would ALSO believe in restrictions on scientific research ... animal experimentation, biological weapons, things that would harm the environment, etc. However, I've never heard anyone claim that those folks are "anti-science."

It's all a matter of your world view, isn't it? This is a fascinating magazine - I'd encourage you to have a listen! They have a free podcast with little samples from the different articles, which is what I'm listening to right now.

1 comment:

LISSALYNN2006 said...

i love what you have to say feel free to stop by a read my new post at http://lissalynn2006.blogspot.com/