Monday, April 16, 2007

radically different perceptions of the same event

Gunman shoots 30 on Virginia Tech Campus

Calls for "stricter gun control" will be forthcoming.

I personally see it as a call for sane people to apply for concealed weapons permits.

On the less depressing side ...

The contractor from church started ripping out carpet at my house today. I went home at lunch. It's going to be a MOST unpleasant environment for the next few days until I leave for Texas ... but the end result will be worth it. :) (Pictures to follow!)

When I walked in the building, one of the ladies who lives upstairs met me at the door.

"Oh, are you getting new carpet?" she asked.

"No. But you know, while I was at work this morning, someone STOLE my carpeting! And I think it was antique!" I replied.

There was a brief moment when I think she took me seriously. Maybe there really is a band of thieves stealing 30-year-old wall-to-wall carpet? :)

AND, they've started moving dirt in preparation for our new addition at church. It is so exciting to pop my head out the back door and see everything moving along. I anticipate much distraction from my work in upcoming months!

No comments: