Monday, April 23, 2007

a few notes from vacation ...

I find myself sitting here loafing ... listening to the birds outside the window, and the family with whom I'm staying getting their kids off to school.

So far, I've had a lovely weekend retreat with the ladies from St. Philip's Episcopal church in Frisco. We went to the Protho conference center, and had a relaxing time getting to know each other. The site was lovely -- there were eagles flying over the lake, and the sun glistened on the water.

This morning, I've had a walk around the neighborhood, and thought I'd share some of it with you.

There was an elementary school just getting started for their day, and they were playing the sweetest song over their speakers as the kids came in ... "ready to learn ... yes, we're ready to learn" being sung by a kids' group.

I was amazed at the line of cars waiting to drop kids off at the school. I hadn't realized that children don't take buses or walk anymore. They even waited to drop them off at the door, rather than letting them out at a sidewalk a half block away. Fascinating to me!

In a park I walked through, there was an elderly oriental man sitting and chanting. I wish now I'd asked if I could sit and visit a bit. I always have these ideas too late to act on them!

OK ... I'm off to find coffee. :)

2 comments:

Clifford Jeffery said...

Wow. Eagles. Glistening water. Sounds exci...
zzzzz
Where's the white-water rafting and paragliding

Trinka said...

Shhhh ... MOM reads this blog!

(ask me about bungee jumping). :)