Saturday, October 24, 2009

Apple Salad

I made up this recipe last night for our church's potluck (based on a similar one I found online.)

I quite liked it!!

6 large apples, cut into bite-sized pieces (not peeled, just cored)
1 lb. sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
2 cups walnuts, roasted (bake at 350 for 10 minutes)

6 T walnut oil
4 T apple cider vinegar
4 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt

mix last four ingredients together, and stir in cheese, let that sit while the walnuts roast and you cut up the apples. Mix it all together.

I loved it!

2 comments:

Rachel L said...

Sounds really good. Do you think th walnut oil really adds a lot or could you get away with plain oil?

Trinka said...

I'm not sure. The walnut oil was in the original recipe I started with, so I kept it.

If you want to try making it, you can borrow the oil I bought! Then make it with regular oil next time, and see how it tastes.

TJ